View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 21:22
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

First I would comment on the ketostix. Yes that is a positive reading, but unless you are properly hydrated, the fact that its a dark pink could mean that you are dehydrated. Any pink is good. Make sure that you are drinking more water than you think possible. Like 100 oz. a day. The exercise running to the potty is an added bonus...lol.

Breakfast was horrid for me too, first because I wasn't a breakfast eater to begin with...then boredom. I eat breakfast at work cause I can't eat at the crack of dawn. I used to take boiled eggs and do the peel and eat thing...got tired fast. Then I discovered that I could peel, reheat in the micro with some ham or sausage meat cut in..or grated cheese...not bad.

Try taking deli meat...like ham or turkey. Spread cream cheese on it and roll it up. I chop olives in mine. I love them and they are allowed. My current fave, even to take to work is mini-frittatas. There is a recipe on the kitchen forum, but what I do is beat 10 eggs with a little cream, add chopped cooked sausage meat or ham or bacon, grated cheddar. Then fill muffin tin half full, bake at 325 for about 20 min. or till set. I cool and put them three in a baggie, poke them in the fridge and reheat for about 20 secs. in the micro.

It's hard to get rid of the mindset that "breakfast foods" have to be what we traditionally are used to. Eat leftovers...eat what you like as long as it's low carb.

Sam