Thread: hello from NM
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 20:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Actually it could be 2 of the happiest weeks you have had in ages! Welcome to the board.

Low carbing is the way to get off the carb addiction merry-go-round. When I started, I didn't have too many problems and within a week, I could have had a chocolate cake right under my nose and only yawned.

The reason you could be very happy very quickly is that you could start losing by the 3rd day.

Plan ahead, do the shopping so you have lots of food from the Induction List in your house, and try to keep the carbs locked away or thrown out for a while. Give the kids fruit instead of carb food.

Read the book, read the book and read the book again. Especially the chapter on Induction. And the Induction List.

Drink the water and be determined to be strict and honest with yourself. The rewards come quickly in terms of weight loss and feeling better by Day 5. And being FREE from that shaky "I've GOT to eat something" feeling. I hated that.

Remember that Atkins is a cardiologist who started putting his patients on LC for their health & was amazed at how many lost a lot of weight too.

All the best.