#3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:25

Plan: Lower Carb/BFL
Stats: 190/181/130
BF:31/??/15
Progress: 15%
Default You can do it!

Ipioch,

Welcome to BFL! You are lucky to have dumbbells at home, that way you can do your weight training when it is most convenient for you, and avoid all the muscleheads at the gym who only care about how much weight they can lift, no matter how terrible their form (err, sorry for the rant, bad experience yesterday).

I am a former couch potatoe finishing Week 3 (tomorrow!) and my dumbbells range from 8s to 20s. If you round out your collection, you could even keep them in the closet. And I believe you could come up w/ a set of exercizes that do not require a bench. I would love to have a set at home, the set up would be nothing compared to the drive to the gym, circling for parking, waiting for the machine I want to use... you get the picture. Still, I think even if I had a set, I think I would be more likely to use them on those occasions when I am really not motivated to go to the gym -- for me, getting myself there is half the battle, and I kinda like being around other people working out (muscleheads and all )

BFL resistance sessions are supposed to be 43 minutes, though mine range somewhat -- if I had a stopwatch, it would be easier to keep them consistent. I also find that UBWO take longer for me than LBWO.

I second Jodi on both the book and the website -- these help inspire me, help me understand how to perform the moves, and will help me when I rotate my exercizes at the end of Weeks 4, 7, and 10.

Regarding cardio, as Jodi said, that can be as simple as going for a walk/jog or bike ride. I too am anything but a morning person but have found that on those mornings I do my 20MAS first thing (today NOT being one of them), I have a lot more energy the rest of the day.

And of course, visit this board early and often, and we will all be here to support you.

So, I guess what I am saying is that if a lazy/ex-smoking/nightly wine drinking/chocoholic/tv addict can do it, SO CAN YOU!

Babs

ps-- Check me out, I'm a drumstick!