View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 16:08

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default For you experienced BFLers who had a tough time starting...

OK...I already know I'm putting the cart before the horse, because I haven't read the book yet. I just requested my library bring it in so I can check it out.

But I think its safe to say it requires weight training. *grin* (can she state anything more obvious?!) And hence, my question.

I have a few dumbells ranging from 3 to 12 or 15 pounds. Not necessarily a set either (although that's not TOO expensive to complete). That's it.

So this would either require me to purchase equipment or join a gym.

IF I purchase equipment, how much space does it take? We're really limited there - so a bench is pretty much out of the question.

IF I join a gym...this is where my real headache starts. And also my questions:

How LONG does a weight training session last? I'm guessing anywhere between 45 minutes and an hour. If that's true, I have to be out of bed by 6:00 to drive to the closest gym by about 6:20. That way I could be home to shower around 7:30.
I'd need to be back in time for taking over with the kids (age 1 and 3).

If you know me, you'd laugh. I'm sure if I told hubby I was even considering this, I'd see the biggest eye roll in history. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON.

So "Do it later in the day" you say...Well, that ain't such a great idea either. There's no real kid-sitting options at the gym nearby. And I have no one near me to leave them with...especially on such a regular basis.
Evenings are OUT OF THE QUESTION because that's when I work!

So...to those of you that had a bit of a tough time starting BFL, but are now so convinced of it...HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?

I know I really need to read the book still to get all the info, but to answer this main question I don't think needs a book.

ALSO, what's the alternative? I've been trying to figure out what I could do at home...and there are WAY too many options out there that I don't know where to start...
Some sort of dumbell weight training (aka Strong Women Stay Young) mixed in with a DVD of some sort (have been hearing good things about Pilates).
I just don't believe I'll get real results from that. PLUS, I wouldn't be doing them until the afternoon while the kids are napping...which is when I try to do about 99 other things as well (so the likelyhood of my sticking to it is rather small!)

HELP CONVINCE ME THIS IS REALLY AND TRULY SOMETHING I COULD ACTUALLY DO!

-- Loretta
Sponsored Links