View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 22:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Very Cool...

Thank you for posting such a heartfelt and honest note, Slowday...

...and thanks too for coming out of lurking!

You make several good points. Not the least of which is the importance...scratch that...the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY if arming one's elf with as much information as possible, inclulding READING THE BOOK! I've been a member of this forum for over a year, and I can tell you that many people come here looking for a quick fix. It's not uncommon (especially after Dr. A or LCing in general get a lot of media attention) for the forum to be swamped with folks that want to lose weight and want to be told what to eat. It doesn't work that way.

As for the general unpleasantness of Induction, you're darn lucky to have missed out on the headaches and grumpiness. But even better, is that things get better and better the further into this you get. I feel so good that I have difficulty putting it into words. And just a year ago I was at rock bottom, both physically and emotionally.

So a big to you for your positive attitude and for sharing your thoughts in the Triple Digits Club. Those of us that frequent here really do share a special bond.

Best of luck & good health!

Donald