View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 10:09

Plan: Atkins (basic LC) + Portion Control
Stats: 174/144/120
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think drinking water is a mindset. We NEED water and the more the better! I'm the opposite of you, I have a hard time drinking water.

I think my mindset is: I was raised on city water and it always tasted like bleach to me so I hardly ever drank water and if I did it was only to take a pill. So drinking water was never part of my life. In fact I think you drink more water per day than I did in a year.

When we moved to the country and had well water I drank more, perhaps a glass a day. That's when I started LC but it was hard to get over my mindset. I had to try to make it a habit to drink water.

We've moved again and the water I'm drinking is double filtered Brita, city water. The Brita filtering removes the chlorine taste. We filter it at the tap then pour the filtered water into a Brita filter that sits on the door of our fridge.

It is good tasting water ... but I still can not "remember" to drink water. I've tried so many mindgames and tricks to try to remember to drink water but unless WATER is on my mind 24/7 it is not a part of my life.

sooooo .... just HOW do you get yourself into that mindset in order to drink so much water?

I need help!