Old Sat, May-24-08, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphoene
I am a little concerened about my lack of physical strength. I lift weights 3-4 times a week, which is more than most of the girls in my class, yet I am the only one who can't do a full push-up from my toes.

You lift that much and can't do one pushup? I work with several women. I asked them about pushups. All said they can do 'girl pushups' and all could do regular pushups is they wanted. Hell, my wife who had a radical mastectomy can do regular pushups.

I'm not trying to be mean. My point is the instructors may be right about diet. If you work out that much and can't do a pushup, something is screwy. You're focused on lowcarb eating to the point of presupposing the intructors have less knowledge than you. But my guess is they get results.

It's obvious on this website that many here are type-2 diabetics and to well on low carb. But I'm not type-2 and am realizing I need carb to have quality workouts. I've been carb-loading for a week. Tomorrow I'm running a race. Lately my races have been lousy. If I do better tomorrow it means I'm done with low carb.

You might wanna cut the instructors a little slack. Maybe you don't know it all, maybe they do have info that can help you do a pushup.