#10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:08

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%

Smurfy,
Just caught me as I was signing off.
There is a journal/bootcamp section in the alphabetical section...right down at the bottom of the page where you can jump to another thread. You just click on the letters to match your name and post a thread. this becomes your journal and people 'visit' you at that one site. It becomes like your home where you can chat and not lose track of who is where.

About the salads. Have you been able to read the Atkins book?
He says that at the first stage (induction..usually 2 weeks) you can eat up to 3 cups of salad/veggies per day. He lists the ones you can eat..mainly non starchy ones. (I was on a program like this but with higher carbs for about 6 weeks) For lunch I usually have a raw salad (tomato, cucumber, capsicum, snow peas. maybe a cupful plus some tuna and mayonnaise, cheese, meat or whatever protein I feel like.
For dinner I cook some vegies like zucchini, broccoli, pumpkin and some cooked chicken or meat. I put butter (not margarine) on the vegies. There are some great recipes in the section up the top of the page.
In the next stage after the fat burning starts roaring you increase your carbs by 10 per week until you get to a steady amount of weight loss. You then stay there for the journey. Some people stay at induction for ages..it's up to you. I'll see how I feel in 2 weeks.
gotta go.. the bed's calling me
Yogi