View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 17:46

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Swingo

You don't mention how you got sick when you tried before. Most people get a headache, often for several days. Some get intestingal upset of various kinds. Rare last even the full two weeks. I had a severe headache day 1 (had already gotten myself off caffeine, and I think that helped), felt really crappy (and craving!) the first 4-5 days, and had one episode of what I figure was low blood sugar (I had some nuts and felt better). Each person is different in how they react. Have you been able to get thru the full 2 weeks of inducion? I feel induction is very important....even if you aren't following Atkins....since it clears out your system. It gets your blood sugar down, gets rid of your cravings, and most importantly (to me) makes you aware of every thing you put in your mouth.

Dr A only recomends maintenance when pregnant, nothign is mentioned about during attempts (not that I saw anyway) (www.atkinscenter.com). Personally, I'd talk to the doc....but I can't see any reason why it would be detrimental....as long as you kept your carbs where they should be...and got sufficient calories!

I have an exercise routine that I (try to ) follow:
Stationary bike ~ 20 mph with "spurts" to 30+ mph for one min out of each five. Try to do this every other day....at least 3-4 times/week.
Weights: Right now I'm taking it slow and easy because of a recent injury...so I do just 1 set for each body part....and I'm keeping the weight low. When I'm back to normal, I'll do 5 sets for each body part....alternating upper and lower body, 3 times/week.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum. feel free to post anytime for questions or support!

Cindy