View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 22:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

I'm still standing!

Today I added a neat routine that I will do once a week.

It is a biceps blast called the 21's.

Basically you take a lightly weighted dumbbell or flat bar. Stand up like doing a standard bar curl. Raise the weight to your waist and pause a moment, then lower it back down, really take your time lowering it. Then repeat six more times. Now on the seventh time you get to your waist, pause and then raise the bar up to your chest, as if you are douing a regular curl. Pause and then slowly lower back to your waist, not all the way down. Do this again six times. Now on the seventh time back down to your waist, follow on through and go all the way down as if you finished a standard curl. The next seven times do a standard curl, but slowly up and very slowly down.

You will have it right when your arms are feeling the burn, but you are still able to complete all 3 reps of seven. This basically makes 3 exercises of 7 reps into one controlled exercise of 21 reps. Increase the weight as time goes by.

I can do this on my total gym from the lying on my back curls I already do. I am going to do the 21's once a week. I am also looking into a similar situation for my triceps...

But I tell you what, it has been about 12 hours and my biceps still feel that exercise!!