View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-06, 08:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%
Unhappy My annual 3 month update.....

Wow, it has been 3 months since I updated my Gym log....

I am back at the total gym on a more regular basis again. I was doing well with a few workouts a week. But over the last month or more I have been going at it more like 4 or 5 times a week.

I still stand by the early posts where I was working out everyday, sometimes 2x a day. But that pace is frantic and fast. And the thing about going really fast? When you have a mishap, it is a high speed train wreck instead of a flat tire...you know?

I am now going at it at a more moderate pace and shorter length of time. By keeping my workouts to 10 - 15 minutes I am able to fit them all in. If I miss a workout it is only because I was not home or chose not to work out. (read that - lazy) I am seeing good results and feeling great.

I am still sticking to the moderate workout chart I have posted. It is segmented into days 1&3 and 2&4 so you work specific muscle groups and not overwork any one group. I have also kept the level low to just help the weight loss and maintain muscle mass. One can also do cardio on the thing!

I am also looking at changing up the routine to keep it fresh. I am playing with segmenting the workout by muscle groups and over 4 days, or an every other day thing. I don't know though. I have this system now down pat and could probably perform it in my sleep!

Occasionally, my take on Vince Gironda's 10/10 workout is still performed. I can now do the full 10 reps of 10. That means I will up the resistance soon and start out doing as many reps of 10 as I can and slowly working back upto the full 10 of 10.

Also important to note, generally this workout is done on a Saturday Morning, then the rest of the weekend is workout free. If I do this any other day the rest of that day and the next are off days.

Gotta give this old body time to heal, I'm not 22 anymore....(in case you wonder, add 20 to that...)

My total Gym is now the only piece of fitness equipment I own. I'll never sell it, unless a new one replaces it. I am not replacing this one till I kill it..so far, it is indestructable! But I want a newer, nicer one.....

I had stopped using the Gazelle when walking and bike riding came back into my life. It sat there, in the corner all spring and summer. Then my co worker Bill told me his wife really wanted the 100 dollar model at the local store. I told him I had the 200 dollar model in my basement...we struck a deal..he got it for a song, and I got a little "mad money!"

So, ProfGumby's Mad Man Bargain basement Fitness Equipment Blowout Sale is done....

Don't get me wrong, the Gazelle is a good machine, and I would heartily reccomend it. But I got really bored with it, and my bike was calling me....

There is also another interesting developement involving the total Gym, but it is a little premature to talk about it right now...we'll see over the next few weeks if it profgresses or not....and if it does or not, I'll clue ya all in when there is really enough info to write.....

I am also going to join the local YMCA soon so I have a pool at my disposal for swimming laps all year round. They have quite the fitness room and weight room as well, and I intend to take full use of the statioary bikes there too! However the main reason to join up is mostly for the pool for laps and teaching my boys how to swim.

Well, this entry has wound itself down and it is workout time! So, off to the total Gym I go! (1&3workout today!)
Sponsored Links