View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 11:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Wow, it has been a while!

Workouts have been progresing well, though not every day as planned. I have changed em up a bit and now do the 10/10 at least twice a week, with one being on the weekend. Also they are generally done in addition to whatever I do that day.

On top of that, the 10/10 now includes twp biceps exercises, two triceps exercises, A chest exercise and a back/shoulders exercise. It takes near about 55 minutes to get through it all....

I make it a goal to do the cardio daily and the weight trainig at least every other day. I do go a few days in a row, but then will skip a day or two if I push too hard and am sore. Gotta rest the muscles to avoid an injury.

Also, for the most part everything is on level 4 on theTotal Gym. Except for one exercise where I am working the front shoulders, that is still on level 3. It seems to be a real weak spot for me, so I am pushing it, but not too hard. And since it is rediculously easy to change levels and re configure the machine, it is not a hassle.

I still cannot say enough about the Gazelle! That was also a very smart investment! I am up to about 30- 40 minutes easily now, though I probably do 25 to 20 minutes most often (Time constraints). It is interesting though, 15 minutes feels like nothing! It takes about 20 minutes before I even feel like I am breaking a good sweat!

I am also starting to use HITT tactics on the Gazelle. Go merrily along at my normal pace, then go ape for about 30 to 60 seconds. Then Go merrily along for a minute or three, then go ape again! It seems to be really effective in upping my heart rate, without taxing my endurance or stamina. I like the effects on my body too!

I am going to start posting pics in my gallery, about once a month to show progress. I am also using a site called Fit Together ( http://www.mybodycomp.com/index.aspx ) and do a body composition measurement/calculation once a month. I feel the body composition is far more accurate than the BMI.