View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

In my experience, drug store machines do not give a good reading. Usually, when I try them, I have been walking around a mall, shopping and carrying parcels and generally being busy. I am usually waiting (not all that patiently for a prescription) so I am neither calm nor at rest. All of that means that the pressure will be up from my "real " pressure.

If you want a good reading, make an appointment with your Dr. and get there early without needing to rush off afterwards and sit for a while in the waiting room while reading a good book. Then you are liable to get a more reliable reading.

Or you could buy one of those home monitors and take the BP when you have been sitting around relaxing for a while.

Do you take any medication for high BP? People on ACE INHIBITORS SHOULD NOT take extra potassium!!!!People on ACE INHIBITORS SHOULD NOT take extra potassium!!!! Not Nu-salt, not Half-salt and NOT potassium tablets.

I don't think that either of those readings is terribly high for a drugstore machine. The lower number is in a good range.