View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

After further investigation pertaining to this very matter- I agree with you. I asked Lyle McDonald-

"You say that the amount of fat-loss in regards to the 'SKD', 'TKD', and 'CKD' will be similar in a given amount of time (lets say 12 weeks). How is this so? On a TKD, one will be in ketosis much longer than someone on a CKD (I'm on a TKD right now and never leave ketosis despite the pre-workout carbohydrates. This is probably due in part to the fact I do not consume post-workout carbohydrates). Also, you do not have to worry about fat spilling over on a TKD; which can occur at some point or another on a CKD."

He said- "Ultimately you're looking at competing rate processes for each approach. With teh SKD, you don't have any risk of spillover, you'r always hypocaloric, but you get metabolic adaptation over time. With CKD, you bump leptin (meaning the diet works better overall) but you risk spillover to fat cells.With TKD, you don't risk spilover, but you don't raise leptin as much. Over the long term, it seems to more or less balance out."
Sponsored Links