View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 06:16

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Denise

What made you choose to do low carb/low fat. Has it anything to do with all the chat about low fat diets that have been coming out of the government for the last few years? If so, then forget it.

The body needs fat for several reasons including to repair the general wear and tear on your body. It improves your skin, hair and nails compared to a low fat regime. With low carb you tend to use fat for your energy source. If you are not putting in any fuel how much enegy do you have?

Having lived a low fat existence for many years before I became a low carber it was scary adding in fat. Now, over 8 months later I am really enjoying life and am never hungry - fat has a satisfaction all of its own. You need protein and fat to maintain your body.

Do you get enough calories? I suspect that you can not be eating enough for your body size. Do you use Fitday.com to keep track of your food intake. Whilst you have lost well so far you are likely to reach a plateau soon and I suspect that to continue to loose you will need to increase your calories and fat.