View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I too was very obese as a child and went on a diet as a teenager. I too was scared that people woudl treat me different and expect more from me. While I was losing weight, I was worried that I would not be myself anymore and I was afraid. Being thin seemed so alien to me. Nonetheless, I lost 90 lbs anyway and got down to a very slim weight.

Then one day I went over to my grandparent's house (they hadn't seen me in 6 months, since I started my diet). I walked in their house and my grandma looked at me startled and said "Who do you think you are, young lady, walking into my house like you own the place???" I was shocked that she'd be upset about that and told her I was sorry. Then, suddenly, after hearing my voice, she realized who I was --- and I realized she thought I was a stranger and hadn't recognized me!!!

When she did realize it was me, she hugged me so tightly and told me I looked soooooo beautiful. I was never more happy about my weight loss in my whole life. I felt like I was suddenly the ME I was always meant to be. I loved the way people treated me after that, I always felt special.

Either way, I gained the weight back years later, but thats another story altogether