View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-04, 14:27

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default I know...shame on me!

I know I shouldn't live for the treat meal, but you see, I have given up so much and just the thought of the one meal has been helpful! Buying clothes certainly won't be a treat because I have the wardrobe of 4 women in my closet! Tossing as I lose will be the treat. Realistically, those old food loves will always be there! I don't think having a small mexican meal that I adore will be harmful unless I do it over and over again! The next freebie meal I will have is Thanksgiving! Sorry, but a few bites of this and that won't undue what I am accomplishing! Since I am in charge of desert I will also be in charge of content of said desert and I plan on utilizing what I am finally learning! So, the worst will be maybe a half cup of stuffing, unless my aunt forgets and uses chicken broth, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes with gravy, and a slice or two of my soon to be new and inproved desert that I have been baking for the occasiion for over 20 years! Anyone have lowcarb crusts they want to share? The rest of the meal will be the turkey and veggies! I think I can resist the bread in exchange for that pie! The thing is, like anything we work hard at, a treat is needed and appreciated! To me, I can buy clothes and movies and such and it just wouldn't be the same! Now a little sinful eating during one and only one meal won't kill my lifestyle change and neither will the next treat of a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with my family! See, I am not going to do this once a day, once a week, or really once a month! I wouldn't indulge myself for another , what?---74 days? And, to compensate for the wild treat I will have tomorrow, which amounts to 2 corn tortillas and 1/2 cup of rice, I will elininate the allowed fats and spend an hour on the treatmill and drink an extra 32 ounces of water and I am only going back on Induction for three days because as I understand it, if you blow it you should step back for a few days or however long needed and get back on track. I am truly dedicated to this new lifestyle, but also realize that occassional treats are a must in order to prevent binging, because a lot of times people will bing when they feel deprived and while I don't really feel as though I am depriving myself all that much, I do know the occassional treat won't hurt my efforts and that I can easily get back on track. And think about it, I have been on Induction for 14 days now and just how do you think my body will react to the added carbs? I feel it will shock my system and before all that much of those carbs has a chance to destroy my progress and be absorbed by my body, well my body will deal with it in a way I feel awkward to express. Whenever I ate mexican in the past my body would rebel so I really don't expect it to react any different! Once that meal is over I will do those three days of Induction then go into OWL! And, depending on my weightloss, I will up the carbs by 5 until I am within 10 pounds of my goal or stall out. Then I will look back at my food journal, which I will begin tonight and carry around in my purse, and see what I have done wrong. I am tempted to make my own in WORD and get it bound. Just not sure yet! Good thing I have a big purse! I can hardly wait until I can have fruits again! Especially strawberries!

What I really love about this forum is that everyone cares so much for others and when you all responded to my freebie...well that made me feel good. I may be wrong in eating those two corn tortillas and 1/2 cup rice, but I am willing to pay the price! Now, if it were to become a habit! Whew! But, it won't because I don't want to be a fat old lady that can hardly move and hurts all the time! Well, at least not because of the fat. The good news about this lifestyle change is that my husband and son are getting into it, except they aren't giving up the breads and occassional junk. They are of a weight where they don't have to worry and they both workout at the gym more than I do and so are in fabulous shape. But, they are now eating more meat and veggies and for that I am thrilled!