View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-04, 12:14

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default What Freedom?

Now I am worried ! What freedom comes with OWL? I thought we could add only 5 good carbs a week until we stop losing and then back off 5 carbs and continue there until we get within 10 pounds of our goal and then onto the next stage? Do I have this wrong? I am on my last day of Induction and am nervous about OWL as well, but do plan on having a mex meal that will contain 2 tortillas and a small amount of rice that I normally wouldn't have. The rest will actually be allowed in Induction! Ok. I will confess I am also having desert, but that was the prize I had planned for getting through Induction successfully! Then I will go back on Induction for three days and then move into OWL. I am only treating myself to a freebie meal and not a full day of carb frenzie. I just can't believe how well I feel now that I am eating the way God intended. Ok, let's wait until I can have fruit before I go there! But the difference is amazing. One of the hardest things about this though would be the pressure from my family (aunts, and such). Everytime I see them or talk to them I get lectured on how Atkins is just another fad diet and it won't work. Really encouraging! I think they are afraid I will feel better, eat better, and look better and so are trying to ruin my new lifestyle! That is what this is! A lifestyle, not a diet. A diet is something one does so that they can lose the weight then go back to eating the way they want. A lifestyle change is for life! And I think that is the difference between success and failure with any eating plan! Your attitude and degree of commitment!