View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:20

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%

Wow what a great idea really. The one thing I realized through this whole ordeal was how hard it was to find someone else that shared the same concerns and WOL. I bet you it would be easier to have someone do Weightwatchers or some other diet style with you but probably harder to do an Atkins approach as it may be so different and too radical for some (from the "normal" North American diet that is).

The key is that within this forum we have a "pool" of people that share some serious similarities, challenges and issues in life -- but as mentioned it helps if you have a person or group that is willing to stick with it, is talkative and helpful and doesn't disappear for long bouts.

The best scenario would be that your spouse/partner do it with you but that may not be the case for some. I remember I was trying to get into shape, quit smoking and do Atkins all at once. My girlfriend wanted NOTHING to do with any of those options -- blahhh. Shoot I think if a small group would somehow communicate often with each other, sharing their daily or weekly diet, their groceries and what they bought, what they cooked and how it tasted (tips maybe).... what ups and downs they had, that it would really make for a wonderful group.

I have a friend that practically for 2 months almost each day we emailed each other sharing what we ate, what we made the other day and what we found locally here in stores that would help us out. Heck we could talk for days on supplements alone ( I know pretty boring eh?? LOL) and I looked forward to those emails each and every day.

Anyhow as some of you have suggested, maybe create a email list.. everyone check in weekly or more... maybe a chat group... MSN messenger. I just can't explain it but I got way more support from my email friend than I did from ANYONE close to me. Weird...

cheers, Claudius