View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:16

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am fascinated by your histories Howard and Ex-Vegan because my search for the truth only started 20 years after I fell for the low-fat (food pyramid) hype and eventually got a stroke (among other things). I was very fortunate that as a child born into a poor immigrant family, our way of eating was very close to Paleo but with dairy and some grain. We ate a lot of buckwheat, sour dark rye bread, sour raw milk, unpasturized cheeses, lard, animal fat and blood and everything was cooked from scratch. Nothing was processed and you never saw any fruit drinks or sodas in our house. We turned up our noses at white bread products. Too bad brainwashing by our conventional modern wisdom made me give it all up. Later, like Howard, I became very angry with doctors, dietitians and the government for their neglect of nutritional medicine/treatment while spending billions upon billions of dollars on drug/pharmaceutical and surgical research. What makes me even angrier is their refusal to admit their mistakes and adament refusal to move in the direction of nutritional research. They will be forced eventually, but way too late for many people. When I think of the suffering caused by our own physicians because they have not taken the time to look into nutritional medicine. Yet there are those physicians (like Atkins, Eades, Mercola, McBride) who saw that traditional (modern) nutritional advice didn't work and they stood against it.

So where am I heading with these comments? Sounding boards are necessary for those of us mislead by the politically correct health establishment. If our histories can help anyone out there that is suffering and dying, then we will have accomplished a great deal, besides just venting our frustrations. At least, we found a way back to good health, albeit a little late for some of us.