Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 119/119/115 Female 5ft 1.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Help! Fallen off the wagon!

Hi!
I started the Atkins diet three weeks ago. Found it enjoyable, and like others experienced many benefits like: sound sleep, freedom from obsessive thoughts about food ( carbs! ), lack of hunger! ) Plus I lost weight 7 lbs - although I know that a lot of it will have been water, i did lose fat too.

ANyway ,my difficulties came last weekend, I'd finished the induction, and had two dinner parties to go to. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do the Atkins over the weekend, so I just thought that I'd enjoy the food, not overeat, and then go back to the Atkins on Monday.

I managed beautifully over the weekend, but come monday I had the worst withdrawal symptoms ( from the carbs ) moodswings, I felt tearful & wobbly, and my bloodsugar was haywire. So instead of being sensible I binged on more junk, thought what the hell I know that its bad for me and makes me feel awful, and have continued for the past two days. I feel terrible, I know that I've more than likely undone all my good work on induction plus a bit more if I'm honest.

I feel so bad, guilty weak and stupid for choosing to eat the wrong foods.

I was wondering if others of you have experienced similar? Can you advise me how to deal with those 'dinner parties? so that there's no chance of history repeating itself. i'd appreciate any words of wisdom right now.
Sponsored Links