View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 06:19
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I just looked at your fitday. It looks as though you only gave up the peanuts a couple of days ago. It also looks as though you cut your calories a couple of days ago. Your fitday doesn't go back through the entire month, so it is difficult to know what is going on. However, I disagree with the advice to raise calories. You've only had them low for a day or two, before that they were high -- often substantially over 2,000. Therefore, low calories cannot be what caused you to not lose weight over the past month. Very few of us with over 100 pounds to lose send our bodies into starvation mode by cutting calories. Once we are in ketosis, our bodies easily draw upon our ample fat supplies.

This is my advice:

1. Exercise! Walking is great. If you have access to a pool, swimming or water aerobics is great for htose of us with a lot to lose. According to your fitday, you are only doing the exercise you get from normal household work. We all need more than that.

2. Focus on eating whole, healthy foods. Keep the peanuts away. Get rid of the bacon, sausage, corned beef and other cured meats. Eat fish, chicken, beef, etc., as well as lots of vegetables (you can up them from the three cups of salad you are currently eating). Eat three good meals a day and avoid snacks unless you are really hungry. Focus on listening to your body -- eat when you are hungry and stop eating the second you are no longer hungry.

It's common for people to go into a stall after induction. I really think if you stick with it and focus on your health -- exercising and eating healthy foods -- you will start to lose again.