View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 19:50
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

There was a poll in a recent magazine. Instead of asking if out weight is our fault, it asked "Do you belive parents are at fault for a child's obesity?" I think it was about 70% agreed that it was the parents fault with 30% saying no.

One of the things that got me though was a quote form the not side. "While I agree it's soemwhat the parents fault, fast food places need to start placing healthy things on the menu. Some nights the only choice is the drive through." I'm not sure why this bothered me. Maybe because there are healthier things on some drive throughs such as grilled chicken, salads and so on. I can also understand running kids from one event to another and being to exausted to make anything. Or have children in the car on a cold night and not have to drag them into a store. It just seemed such a poor excuse to me, especially if it's done enough that it has a negative effect on the kids weight. At some point people have to take responsibility for going to places and ordering certain things, not blaming the industry that's just marketing to what people want.