View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 11:46

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 306/298/160 Female 5', 5"
BF:BMI: 49.2/49.2/24
Progress: 5%
Talking Soon2BSlim's Sweat-filled Saga

I thought that since I'm working out at least 4 times a week now (p.e. classes in school) that I should start keeping track of the information.

I've learned that my target heart range is 150 - 170 (for a heavy cardiovascular work-out). So, I thought I would treat myself (even though I'm a "starving student" and have no money - hee hee) - I went out and bought a heart rate monitor watch. This thing is great - and I'm really excited to have it.

Some beginning stats (these are tests that I did with my Circuit Training Class):
RHR (resting heart rate): 80 bpm
Exercise Pulse Rate: 170 bpm

1 Min. Exercises:
Sit-ups: 76 – (170 hr)
Push-ups: 22 – (160 hr)
Jump rope: 107 – (170 hr)

I started working out this past Monday for school:

2-23 - Yoga class. We were working mainly on posture in the poses - but it definitely hurt (because the instructor would have us hold the poses for a looooong time). My thighs were weak and tender by the end of the class.

2-24 - Circuit Training Class. We "ran" a mile yesterday. When I say "ran" - I mean mostly walked - haha. I'm not in any shape (yet) to physically "run" a mile. But - as embarrassing as they are, here are my stats:
1 mile: 14:14 (14 minutes, 14 seconds)
Ave. HR (heart rate): 172 bpm
In Zone: 3:30

So - essentially, I was a little high on the THR (Target Heart Range) this time - and I was in my THR Zone for 3 minutes and 30 seconds out of the 14:14. That will improve - it will just take some time.

Yesterday I got a headache - I think it might have been from dehydration. I would love to be able to run breathing only through my nose (helps keep me hydrated) - but it's really just not possible right now. I also felt a tiny bit nauseous – but I think that might be because I really didn’t eat anything before we did the mile – and I started back up on induction yesterday as well.

As for how I'm feeling today - my legs (thighs mainly) are really stiff today - and very tender. I'm really hoping that Yoga will focus on some poses that aren't all leg related. My back is also a little tender - but not really bad at all. I’m starving – and feel a tiny bit queasy – but I’m sure that’s just because I haven’t eaten yet this morning.

Ok – I’m off to eat and go to school.
Sponsored Links