View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 12:58

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ellie, care to share that thread on "Atkins 1972"? I'm curious to know what the differences are. I do know that nuts used to be allowed on Induction, but then they were taken away. Probably because it's so easy to overeat with nuts.

I've been trying to get a cardio workout going. I've been doing weight training and Bowflex, but haven't done a regular cardio workout in over a year. Maybe it will shock my body enough to get me over this hump. I really like step aerobics, and my favorite is Charlene Prickett. The last time I did step aerobics on a regular basis (4 to 5 times a week, an hour each time) I was doing the low-fat/high-carb thing. That's when I reached high of 190. Note, though, that I reached my high WHILE DOING the low-fat diet AND working out strenuously at least 4 times a week.

So, yesterday I popped in the tape. I used to be able to do them without working up too much of a sweat. They were hard, and I did sweat, but there was never a time I couldn't get through it.

Twenty minutes into the routine I was ready to quit. I stuck it out for almost 30 minutes, but I was totally wiped. Today I tried it again and got to almost 45 minutes.

I do think we have to shake things up once in a while and try something different -- both eating and exercising. Maybe the cardio is what I really need right now. I was amazed that I couldn't get through the workout. I'll take tomorrow off (thinking about some retail therapy, just to get out of the house), and then go for the full hour on Tuesday.

Just mulling things over.