View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 13:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/177/130 Female 5'3
BF:48%
Progress: 19%
Angry Much Harder 2nd Time Around!!!

My DH and I did this "diet" about 2 1/2 years ago. We both lost weight very quickly. In a month I was down 20 lbs!! It took me about a year to gain it back plus another 15!!

Have been on Atkins for about 5 weeks and I am only down 8lbs. I am very, very discouraged. I drink lots of water and have added exercise to my plan. I have 50lbs to lose. You would think that by cutting out Pepsi, sugar, milk and chocolate in my coffee (3 cups a day!!), starches for lunch and dinner, candy and popcorn with butter and Pepsi every night - I would be losing weight just for eliminating the above!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and nothing - nothing for the last 2 weeks!! What is up!! I eat an Atkins bar for breakfast with a cup of coffee lo carb milk, tuna salad w/1tbl for lunch, meat, veges and salad for dinner. I drink lots of water and de-caff herbal teas throughout the day. For quick snacks a few green olives, a few pecans, or a piece of beef jerky - WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!

Any help would be appreciated. I am not ready to give up but really, really discouraged. I wanted to cry after I stepped on the scale this morning!