View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 10:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>"I actually pulled one over on my family with the pork rind crusted fried chicken. Only after they were done did I tell them what they had actually eaten! <evil laugh>"

I made pork rind French Toast and didn't tell my b/f what was in it. *L* He loved it!

Quote:
Now, you're both saying you do the exact same thing this other LowCarber was upset about someone having done to her: "springing" your eating choices on unsuspecting people and no one here seems to mind or object to it.

It's a totally different situation. You're not entertaining friends or guests - you're cooking for the people who leave their dirty laundry all over the place and never change the toilet paper roll. The rule is, "if I cook it, you eat it or starve." Tricking your family into eating their vegetables and whole foods is different from deliberately sabotaging a diet restriction.

I also disagree that it has to be incompatible with higher carb meals earlier in the day: salad, green beans and meat is still a superior meal, IMHO, to more high carb crap.