View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 10:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

You know, that's true-- I never thought about it that way! But I think there is a difference. In the other case it was something they knew she could not eat. Her diet was restricted and the dinner makers knew that.

But in the case with my family they aren't on a restricted diet. Actually 2 of them at the holiday dinner are diabetic and don't eat what they know they should be anyway because they think it's "yucky and boring". They all eat what ever they want. They eat cauliflower, cheese, butter and cream cheese-- just never mixed all together as faux potatoes. They eat cranberries and fake sugar-- just never together before as cranberry sauce. They eat chicken and occasionally pork rinds-- but just never together before as fried chicken.

So in that case, I wasn't going against their wishes, beliefs or WOE. Their WOE is eat anything and everything! And the great part is they REALLY liked the food and had their eyes opened a bit realizing that LC eating (that they all admit they should be eating like that anyway, they just won't take the plunge) is not a yucky tasting as they imagine it to be.

Or yeah, maybe I am just a hypocrite!