There and Back Again

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default Subway's wraps are GREAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbeer
1. You're going to need more than one of these if you're really hungry.

2. At about $5 per tiny wrap, it's going to cost a fair amount to fill you up.

Subway's commercials make the wraps seem huge. The truth is, we're not getting much for our money. These two products seem more like appetizers than lunch.

The other problem is with the flat bread itself, which is tough and tasteless. A co-worker compared the taste to chewy, wet cardboard.

Frankly I've had both the chicken and turkey wraps and they are great. Finally something decent and quick.

1) the wrap is about the size of a 6" sub and satisfied both myself and my six-foot three husband as an adequate meal. If you are extra hungry, sure, you might want something to eat on the side (an extra wedge of cheese or hard-boiled egg on the side would be nice), but they are still adequate. Heck, if you can handle the extra carbs and calories get two of them. Plus you can get any sub fillings put in a wrap, so add something or make up your owne if you so desire.

2) two wraps plus tax were $9.50 which is reasonable for a nice amount of meat, fresh veggies, and wrapping.

3) I don't think the writer knows what he is talking about. The wraps are chewy and delicious--tase just like tortillas to both myself and my husband. I wish I could find them in a store.

4) nice nutrient information - http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNu...itionValues.pdf