Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 14:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/225/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
Hi Tnissim,

I suspect it's most likely the added calories of your shake and breakfast bar. Something we often forget that eventhough eating low-carb has a slight metabolic advantage, we aren't immune to adding weight when calorie intake exceeds calorie burned on any given day. For example, if eating LC allows you to eat 500 cals more--you still must burn more than you eat at the higher equlibrium amount.

Another thing is that your lack of weight loss has nothing what so ever to do with veggies. The two most saturated phrases used on these boards are "read the book" and "eat your veggies". The latter are great for health given the abundant nutrients contained within them, but has no bearing on your weight loss. If anyone here complains of having...oh...an incurable headache, I'd bet anything there will be 25 posts with, "just eat your veggies!"

Sure, the book mandates that eating veggies are essential; but, Dr. Atkins also maintains the same about vigorous excercise. Why is it everyone touts eating veggies to break stalls and not the other "non-negotiable" aspect of the plan--vigorous excercise?

If you ask me, the single best way to break any stall is increased vigorous physical activity. Try that before you load up on veggies hoping for a miracle that'll never come.

With kindest regards,

Frederick

Absolutely! Well said!