View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 21:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

The reason for Induction is to help a person get away from wanting sweets, although it never completely cured me.

When we really needed something on Induction, we made a mocha drink using a couple tablespoons of cream in a coffee cup, the rest filled with water, add a little instant decaf coffee, some cocoa, Splenda, stir and heat in the microwave. It worked wonders!

I'm really hesitant about buying ANY of the Atkins products for several reasons. One is that at one point I ate a piece of one candy bar and it upset my stomach horribly. Two is that I read the results of taste tests where the Atkins products were far inferior to competitor products. And three is that they're so darned expensive! So far we've managed to come up with a scratch LC recipe for just about everything we really like to eat once in a blue moon including pancakes and baking powder biscuits.

I personally can't stand the one LC bread I've tried because it was too spongey. I made a dinner roll for Thanksgiving that turned out relatively well, but haven't had time to fiddle with the recipe since. Even as it was it was WAAAAYYYY better than the store-bought bread.