Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 08:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hmm some tricks I think that might help but you won't find in any book, but
I just know from myself and others..

First.. unfortunetly you need to set the stage if you truly want to help him, it would be nice if he would take more of this responcibility. But Some people just don't like to read, they can barely get past assemble instruction never mind a 250 page book, exspecially if technical stuff doesn't intrest them. That doesn't mean he can't get the readers digest version from you. Casually explain the concepts and reasons to him, reread it yourself if you need to pull up some important facts.

Second, Make a list of Readily available foods that he likes and are approved, Don't try to get him to eat things that he isn't to keen on yet or new. The idea here is make it so he enjoys it. Nothing like munching on some shrimp and steak. being surrounded by his favorites, makes it allot easier, remember he doesn't realize he can have them. Make sure thier is a variety in the house.

Thrid, Make sure he eats, tell him to have as much as he wants of approved foods, don't worry about too much when he first starts, he needs to break the sugar bond, which means hunger cravings., Be ready, he may overeat and start putting away 20 oz steak and eggs. The diet should take care of that all by itself, after a week of two of protien, he will be lucky to have enough hunger to put away a nine ounce.

But remember... his success is no reflection of you, you are not him, he is a big boy and makes his own mind, you are just the coach. Try not to remind him too much, he might be on the deffensive. Saying things like "what I usually do when I crave those is," instead of "Your not supposed to have that" maybe the differnce to him from helpful advice compared to being nagged. He may be sensitive about his weight and kind of embarrased, so Kids gloves until he is comfortable on his own. His results should be quick, so he should soon get possitive feedback.

Last bits of advice..ohh so important

Dont forget the vitamins..if he forgets his pottasium, and losses too much he will start feeling lilke crap and may get aches and might uses this as an excuse to give up.

Good luck, you have a challenge in front of you..