View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 21:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I didn't know that someone could see yeast in a blood sample.

Your symptoms do sound like what carb-sensitive people get from eating carbs. LCing will probably help that - it certainly did in my case.

I would make some suggestions:

1. read an LC book, any LC book. Dr. Atkins book has a whole chapter on yeast and LC. You can get the book at many libraries for free or second hand for not very much. BUt better to buy your own.

2. go to the Candida Yeast & IBS area of this board and do some reading. A lot of questions have already been asked and answered and you may find the information you want. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77

3. I hope you are not trying to lose weight. At 5'5" tall and 105 pound, you are under the range that is considered healthy. I don't think you ought to be doing Induction. The shakiness can come from not eating enough carbs or perhaps simply not eating enough calories. This can be dangerous to your health.

Low carbing is much more likely to help a yeast problem IF that is what you have. I certainly won't try to diagnose the problem. Please read a book and get the straight goods from a medical doctor.