#8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 05:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James00
I've been on the Atkins Diet for more than a month now and I haven't lost any weight. I started at 180lb and this morning I weighted in at 179.5. I've haven't cheated or gone over the 20 carb per day limit. I've been eatting plenty of veggies and fats. I drink atleast ten 8 oz glasses of water a day if not more. I've tried cutting out cheese and other food items that might make me stall but it hasn't helped. The only thing that has changed is I've lost two inches off my waist. This is a good thing, but if I am losing fat how come my weight doesn't go down. I don't exercise very much so it can't be muscle building unless you can just gain muscle from eatting alot of protein. Does anyone have any suggestions or why I am not losing weight?

Thanks

I'd say looking at your stats it is possible that your LBM increased. It can happen without going to the Gym. How active are you in your daily life ? Do you have a job which requires alot of lifting or carrying heavy boxes ? Do you walk alot ? How many inches was your waist to start with ? If it was over about 40", your Lean Mass was way too low...and your body very well could have been making more muscle to get back to a normal LBM. BTW, 2" loss at 180 pounds is a 4-5% reduction in Body Fat...which is Very Good.

Like others have said get away from that idea of weight as a measure of progress. You could let's say not lose one pound, or even gain weight during a diet...but still lose enough fat to become skinny. Likewise, you can lose lots of weight on a diet, only to become fatter [because you lost so much muscle it masked the fat gain.]