View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 21:19

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%
Cool Ready to (finally) say Hi!

I finally decided I needed to stop "lurking" around in the shadows on here and stop long enough to say Hi! I've been LCing since April 1 and am seeing my goal weight in sight - haven't been this "light" for ages!

A bit of info about me: Married (21 yrs) to possibly one of the MOST UNDERSTANDING hubbies ever (he's seen me try soooo many "diets" b4); 5 children (4 living, ages: 25, 20, 15 & 13); am a brand new grandma just 2-1/2 wks ago (). I've been doing medical transcription for 23+ yrs which, yeah, is definitely a SIT DOWN kinda job.

I originally started Atkins to just to lose weight, but in my heart-of-hearts, I KNOW that it's become so much more than that! I have a strong family history of adult-onset diabetes (mother & grandmother), hypertension (father passed away at age 54 w/ an MI), and strokes (on my father's side) -- talk about feeling like a walking time bomb! So I started doing some research, read the book(s), and knew this was the WOE and WOL for me (took a little while for DH to be convinced that I was serious this time).

I have found soooo much helpful info on this forum...it just boggles my mind sometimes - every time I think I have a question/concern, I just have to log on here and yep, there's always an answer! And, the support is just PHENOMENAL!

Ok, I've rambled enough.....

"There are no elevators to success...YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE STAIRS"
Sponsored Links