View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 14:36

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Wooo - to answer your question:

A PETA spokesperson was interviewed on a national TV show within the past couple of years. One of the questions asked had to do with PETA's vision of a perfect world for cats and dogs. The answer "In a perfect world there would be no cats and dogs." That much even I can remember because up until that point, I made donations to PETA and I was totally appalled by that statement. I'm not much of a TV watcher and don't really have a good memory for names, but I am a member of a couple of highly reputable dog organizations and we are ALL appalled at most of PETA's highjinks. They put on a good show (and pay big bucks) to get celebrity endorsements to get the high profile they need to get public donations, but they don't make full disclosures into their activities. None of their printed or website published material will show you what they really do. You only find out about it by accident - like the spokesperson slipping up in a very public interview.

Am I prejudiced against PETA? You bet. No one has the right to tell me I can't own a companion animal or that he is treated unkindly.