#10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 23:24

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspine17
Acqua, I with you. If you don't ask for it with no bun you loose your cheese because it gets stuck to it. The McDonalds people are very accommodating. I also find since it's special ordered it's really hot and fresh. I do prefer to eat at home burgers but I get pretty busy sometimes and find myself in a pinch. I also have kids so they beg me for McDonalds every so often. On average, I eat the double QP w/cheese no bun and no catsup about once per week.

I surely wouldn't make it an everyday kind of thing but if you REALLY want one every once and a while it should be fine as far as this WOE goes. As far as the quality of meat, etc. That's a whole different story! Yeah, it's bad for you but I look at it this way -- Before this WOE I was CONSTANTLY eating nasty things that were TERRIBLE for me. Having Mickey D's once a week now is a much better improvement over my old way of eating! To each his own I guess . . . .

The sticking to the bun from the cheese thing is something I figured out how to get around after a couple of times. Just do this:

Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese
- Add Mayonaise
- Add Lettuce
- Remove Ketchup

With this, they will put the mayonaise on the very bottom bun (they always do) and the lettuce on the very top, so both stop the cheese from sticking to the bun. It works excellent. This "trick" also works for double cheeseburgers. Of course if anyone wants to skip all the mcdonalds fuss, just go to Wendy's and get 5 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers for $5.00. No need to order anything special with them, and the buns are much easier to remove than mcdonalds