#4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Low sodium
Stats: 322.5/275/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hi Liz!

Well, Herbal Magic is a one-on-one support group (client and counsellor, no other clients) that requires its clients to take herbal supplements for weight loss (mainly to reduce water retention, have more muscle retention, some appetite control, and general health/well being supplements. However, I beleve the support is worth more than the supplements. It is a bit pricey, so not everyone can go, however. It was an extremely high priority to me to lose weight, so I would have paid anything when at my highest weight (322.5).

It has worked for me, unlike WW, where all the members can openly critisize/chastise you on gaining, or stare at you and point fingers because most of the women there (at least in my case) were only 130-160 pounds, and at the time I was over 200. Or weight Loss Clinic, where I was forced to go on a starvation diet under 900 calories a day, and lost 100 pounds in 6 months and almost DIED... I have been sick of the weight loss industry until I found my niche.

So, while it may be expensive, I have opted to stay at least until I am comfortably below the 200 pound mark (ie: 195 and no chance of it getting higher again) before I decide whether to stay the course with them, or change over to Atkins at that point. I'm keeping my options open, because NOTHING has ever worked for me before, and I am hesitant to 'quit' from fear of packing the weight back on due to my eating disorder. We'll see how it goes after the New year, I suppose.

For more info, Herbal magic is a starch-restricted and somewhat carb restricted (although maybe not as much as Atkins) diet, that allows heathy fats, and promotes higher fiber and less starchy fruits, veggies and grains. Actually similar to Atkins, though I don't count carbs. Jeez, I've typed into my lunch hour! LOL! Thanks for the response, Liz. Hope to talk to you again!