View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 09:04

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

Jengreen,
I am sure you are doing fine in this diet...even with small mixups, you are still losing weight.

There is a page in the Atkins book where he says that not ALL cheese is the same.. For example Cottage Cheese has 2-3g (I think) of carbs per serving.. if you're not careful it can add up!.. If you buy meat straight from the butchers i.e. NOT Processed unlike processed hotdogs, canned corned beef etc... something 'real' it has no carbs, but if you buy processed foods like those i mentioned or deli meat it has 'very little' carbs.. but you should count it in..b/c 1g here and 1g there will add up in induction. The reason for this is that processed meat has added sugar. Look at the ingredients and the label. Some people are able to find processed foods without sugar.
Personally i count carbs in cheese, processed meats, and eggs even. It's less than 1g per egg, but i just round it up to 1g. With cheese it depends... it may say 'less than 1g' on the label... but to be on the safe side i round it up. Don't forget about fish...fresh fish has no carbs..but some canned fish does.. Shellfish has some carbs i don't know how much... check the tools link above.

Almost everything processed has added sugar..from ketchup, bbq sauce, salad dressing etc... if you eat those count the carbs.