View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 20:42

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Next question...

Is there an appreciable difference between bonking and depletion aside from depletion being on purpose? I did one or the other today and am trying to figure out which.

Yesterday I was kicking ass and taking names. Today the ass and the name were both mine. I wanted to try super-setting, so I tried it with any two machines that happened to be near each other, and I also made it circuit training. About 4 super-sets in, I started hitting failure in the early second set no matter which muscle group I was doing. Any rest at all had me begging the universe to please just let me be still and go to sleep right there on the bench. It was a coin toss to see if passing out or throwing up seemed like the better option and muscle shakes were everywhere. I think my 'circuit' consisted of about 7 supersets, which seems really wussy. After staggering back to the locker room, I found I had a case of the stupids, too.

"Are those my gloves on the bench beside me? If they are, am I supposed to do something about it?"

This felt a little similar to potassium deficiency, but not really, and it didn't creep up over time. So the question is, did I bonk or deplete?

Am 3 hrs into an unplanned carb-up and I feel peachy. "Honey, take the baby. I need Fruity Pebbles and Gatorade and I need them now."

Cheers,

Friday