#2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:20

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackb76
I just started the TKD diet last week. This is my first try at a low carb diet, and so far its gone pretty well, i've already lost 7 or 8 pounds. My goal is just to get a little leaner and get down to about 205. After I reach my fat loss goals I am going to try to move to a little less extreme diet.

I got in to ketosis in about 48 hours as measured by the ketostix that I purchased. I then began carbing up before my workout... 15g the first couple times, 30g the next few, then 45g, then 50g today. And I'm still in ketosis right after the workout. I thought for sure after having all those smarties, when I got home the ketostix would stay brown, but they turned a nice dark purple... darker then it had been in a few days.

I lift fairly intensely... after starting my workout with a lot of energy, about 2/3 way through my performance went way down and I sort of crashed (my workout has shifted to a little higher reps/lower weights since I am in a cutting phase). Should I increase the carbs even a little more now so I can get through my workouts?

Also, since so far I seem to have an easy time getting in to and staying in ketosis... is it ok to moderately increase my carbs from 20g to 30g a day?

Why not stick with what is working so far until your fat loss starts to slow? If it aint broke, dont fix it

If anything I would keep the pre workout carbs to 50 grams and maybe try adding a small amount after your workout. Ive read the most TOTAL carbs you should have on a TKD on a lifting day is 100 grams. So if you take in 50 before, maybe 30 after, and keep the rest of the day below 20.

You could even start taking in your post workout carbs about halfway through your lifting for a mental placebo affect and also so they are being digested before you even stop lifting.