View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Angry

Oh yeah, I know just how you feel. I lost 30 pounds, and several sizes between January and May. Went to Phoenix to my daughter's graduation expecting a nice response from her and her husband, not to mention my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, 2 of the most weight-conscious people on the planet. No one said a word, not a word!

I finally said something to my daughter and her husband. And when the s-i-l & b-i-l came to visit here several weeks later, he did finally bring it up, and we talked.

I think we get our expectations too high, partly b/c we see the difference ourselves, and know how hard we worked to do it!! Vanity has nothing to do with it, but when you work this hard at something, by golly, you deserve compliments and support! I have gotten this since that time from other sources-friends I haven't seen for a time, some co-workers, etc.

And some people just don't notice, period. I've asked, and I believe it to be true. So--take your compliments where you can get them, and hang in there-you're worth it!!!