#9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 21:40

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalaura
Well, actually I am in such a rush showering in the gym then driving a half hour to work, it's difficult to get just ONE block in after my workout.
But you are right. I was actually considering taking TWO blocks post workout THREE blocks around 9am, and cutting my lunch from 3 to 2 instead. Lately I feel like my lunches are too big to begin w/. I am not that hungry around that hour.

As you know, you can split your blocks any way you like so long as you don't exceed the 5 hour mark or 5 block rule. Cooking large qtys of stuff on the weekends or at night helps for those rush mornings. I often will take 18 egg whites and cook that up with turkey bacon and no fat mozzarella cheese (figure out the total protein block count), add the appropriate amt of olive oil... then weigh the whole concoction, divide it out into whatever portion size I want and then all I have to do is grab a piece of fruit or some other quick carb. I also cook up large batches of steel cut oat meal and freeze it in (recycled) yogurt containers (Blue Bunny is my fav). One container is 2 blocks. Defrosts/cooks up quick and I can inhale while on the move Some people mix protein powder into their oatmeal. Personally ~

Quote:
No, I would never lower blocks. My boyfriend keeps trying to do that b/c he wants to lose faster and I tell him not too, especially if he wants to build muscle. MEN!
Let him know it is really physiologically almost impossible to lose more than about (avg.) 1.5 lbs per week while maintaining or trying to gain lean tissue.

Quote:
Well, here's the truth. This week I am having problems b/c of the HUGE carb hang over I have from pigging out over the 4th holiday.
It makes you wonder why you would ever want to do that to yourself again, huh?! Like over indulging in alcohol and promising ourselves we'll never do that again! Yah, right!

Quote:
I usually do well, or at least WAS DOING WELL in the past using the 1:1:1. I will stick w/ it for at least 4-6 weeks. THEN (thank you very much for reminding me!) I will try to tweak it w/ one less carb block and replacing it w/ a fat block instead. So this will really help me lose faster eh? I have read it, just never tried it. Do you do this as well?
It is not intended to make you lose faster (rule above), but intended to break a plateau or for those who are ultra carb sensitive. You should only do it with major meals (3 blocks or more) and never with snacks. The Zone guideline is to do it for a week to "break the plateau". I have a tendency to "cycle". I know my body very well (remember, I've been Zoning for almost 3 years) and know what types of meals work best for me with the reduced carbs and added fat. Am I a Zone sinner? Of course! Can't be an angel all of the time!
Quote:
Thanks again ZC!
Anytime