#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/146/144 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default Should I send this letter??

Ugh! Here in Canada we have these "Bodybreak" commercials where they sling the "low fat, low cal, high complex carb" crap at us all the time. It just makes me mad everytime I see one of them. They're just perpetuating the myth that the low fat way of eating is good and they influence people to keep beating their heads against a way trying to do it the "right" way and heading straight for the grave. ARGHHH!!

Anyway, I wrote this email to them, do you think I should send it??

I just watched one of your commercials where you make a couple of smoothies. You give the amount of fat, protein and fiber but not carbohydrate. Why not?? Because they contain a lot of carbohydrate, that's why. Or because you think the carb content isn't important maybe? Please give complete information.

On another commercial you give a recipe for a stir fry with veggies and for a fruit salad. They start out okay but then you have to load them up with high glycemic dressings. !!!

The low cal, low fat, high "complex" carbohydrate diet approach is bad for many many people. It means deprivation, hunger and food cravings for many people and then subsequent weight gain and misery. I really wish we could finally stop being bombarded with this erroneous AND DANGEROUS information. I mean, get a clue, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you think Canadians and Americans are getting fatter and fatter?? Because we've been fed this low fat, high fiber concept since the 40's, not to mention all the awful "low fat" and "wholesome" foods that are loaded with insulin spiking carbs. Sheesh!!! So, all the time people are beating their heads against a wall thinking they're doing something good for themselves and there families and really they're only heading them for obesity, diabetes, heart disease and a host of other problems.

Yes, I'm angry about this and seeing your commercials makes me angrier. Many health professionals are finally FINALLY coming around to a different attitude about diet, I think maybe you should figure this out too. You're reaching a lot of people via the media, try using it to increase awareness of the dangers of high glycemic foods.

There, what do you think? BTW, I think Bodybreak is a government sponsored program, I hope by sending that mail I won't get auditted or something .
Sponsored Links