Old Fri, May-30-03, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%
Post Stallers and Ketosis Faq for a semi-newbie

Howdy folks,
First post for me here. A bit of background quick. Started Atkins in March 1ish. Lost very well (maybe even too well) to the end of March/begining of April. In the third week of march I started to slow down and didn't really care for that so I added Atkins Accell in. I was eating the breakfast bars and maybe a low carb snack once in awhile but keep it very strict. I know I was not eating the correct amount of vegetables (less that I should have) but I kept up everything else well. Over the next few weeks I just kept falling out of Ketosis. I was still loosing weight so I was OK with that (since the DANDR says that can happen). I also picked up my workout schedule. Currently I've been on a plateau for around 3 weeks. It's really driving me crazy and I'm wondering what stallers could be in my diet. I feel I only have a few more pounds to loose and I know that those are the hardest to go but I've been out of ketosis for a long time now and gained 1 lb/week back for the last 2 weeks.

Some quick Facts: I work out at least 3x a week for a 450 calorie elyptical workout with about 30 mintues of weights. (Note: I've semi-recently added the weights and understand that muscle weighs more than fat but I don't feel like I'm toning that well)

I drink the correct amount of water each day. I do allow myself an atkins ready made shake once in awhile. When I first found all the low carb food I do admit to binging on it. Especially the cheese crackers. mmhm. Since my worries of not being in ketosis however, I've tried 3-4 day periods of not eating any sugar at all, restricting all alcohol again. I'm currently trying to restrict nuts and cheese again as well. I also switched off of Accell for a week (which didn't do anyhting) and am now trying a stacker (which doesn't seem to affect me at all either)

So, I'm admitting that I may have screwed up by not keeping a journal and figuring out exactly what I eat when and how it affects me (btw, does anyone know what the eating time ratio to significant change of strips are? Like if I was to eat something bad, does it affect ketosis strips right away or like a day later?) but I'm having a real tough time getting back into ketosis no matter what I cut out. If folks could post their known stallers here I'd really appreciate it. Or any other tips.

Thanks Kindly,
Sox
Sponsored Links