View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 19:08

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default The main culprit - the scale

To fight the stall paranoia I would recommend you to hide your scale, do not weight yourself every day.
It seems to me, that very often the reason for the - imagined - stall is a misused scale. "Yesterday I had a jello, today the scale showed 1 lb gain - ergo jello is evil". "Yesterday I skipped my morning coffee, today the scale showed 1 lb lost - ergo coffe is evil."
Nobody ever lost one lb FAT in one day from skipping a coffee or gained one lb FAT in one day from eating one jello.
My point is not, that jello, coffein cannot cause stall. My point is, do not change your diet every day based on your day by day weight fluctuation or your day by day reading here.

I live in Southern California, exercising a lot outside - means very high water fluctuation in my body. I can show how easy to gain/loose 5 lbs in one day. But this water gain/loose has nothing to do with fat gain/loose. According my experience much more to do with sweat/sodium. I love smoked salmon. But it makes me very thirsty, I need to drink a gallon water after a nice salmon plate. Does it mean salmon stall me? I do not think so. During my long run I usually loose 3-5 lb-s. It means I lost 3-5 lbs fat? I do not think so.

A couple of years ago I read an interesting book about vegetables. According it all the vegetables can cause some kind of illness for some individuals. It does not mean that we all have to avoid all vegetables.

Good luck, worry less, and hide that scale:-)