View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 17:11
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

For some people, I think they are confused about what a stall really is.

A stall/plateau would be 4-6 weeks with no scale movement or inch loss.

I believe I read earlier today a person saying that eating jello made them gain a pound and stall but they resumed weight loss after giving up the jello. Were they really stalled? Probably not.

Not all weight loss is a constant downward pattern. A good example of this is 'Do you expect all your progress to be losses?' by AngelaR in the Newbies' Hot Links section.

All of those foods you mentioned can hinder weight loss. They may slow it down or stop it, but not necessarily. The only way you'll know if they have that effect on you is to try them, and not all at once.

Nobody ever got to be overweight from eating too many green, leafy vegetables either, so you can add those your your list.

As you get to be more comfortable with this way of eating it will become second nature to you and you won't need to tiptoe around so carefully, especially as you move on to OWL and add in more carbs.

Will nuts stall you? Only time will tell. Do you need to worry about it now? No, enjoy what you can have and take each day as it comes.

Beth