#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/180
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Couple of newbie questions

Hello everyone,

I've done low-carbing in the past and have lost a super amount of weight, but it's been creeping back over the last couple of years, and I've been having trouble getting the momentum going on a plan.

I don't own the Atkins book yet, though I plan to read it soon. I have read most of the tips on this website and have found them to be extremely helpful, not to mention the huge morale boost I get just from knowing all you guys are out there.

However, I've got a few pretty basic questions.

- Which "supplement pill" would you recommend? This site advertises a variety of different supplements, but I'm not sure which to pick. I should probably be taking some sort of multi-vitamin too, huh? I have a bunch sitting around, I just forget to take them.

- How do you guys feel about the various low-carb bars out there? I'm a college student, and my biggest problem in trying to get back on this thing has been eating junk food while I'm on the go. It just seems weird to be eating sweet stuff.

- What's the consensus on caffeine? I love diet soda, and enjoy an espresso every now and then (usually with milk, but I'll have to switch to cream). Is caffeine detrimental to the process? It would be hard to lose all my comforts.

Thanks for any information, or you guys can just tell me to go RTFM if this is stuff I should be learning elsewhere.

Take care,

~Seth~
Sponsored Links