View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 20:30

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%
Default New to TDC Mothers Day

I've read your forum a few times now. You're all a really supportive bunch and I love your sense of humour. So this is where I'd like to be.
I'm doing Atkins and I'm finding it really slow, but I'm getting there so managing to stick to it so far (5 weeks-7lbs).

It was mothers day here and in Australia yesterday, I had phone call from oldest son (in Oz) by 1pm (11am his time). But nothing from youngest by 10pm our time (he is also in Oz but different part). This of course is totally unacceptable. YOU HAVE TO PHONE YOUR MUM ON MOTHERS DAY. So I rang up to tell him. Phone call went like this
Him "Yuh", Me " You haven't phoned your mum, you should be ashamed", Him " I did phone my mum", Me " Well I certainly didn't get any call from you", Him " Well you're not my mum".
You guessed it wrong number. Many embarressed apologies on my part. I know I should recognise my own kids voice but one Yuh sounds much like another. Anyway whoever he was wished me happy mothers day. And I stopped being mad so I didn't need to eat a cake of choccy.
Actually when I think about it I probably wouldn't have had a big emotional eat, because I'm just not interested in heaps of carbs since I've been doing Atkins, which is really weird for me.
Sponsored Links