Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I am just STARVING!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=112881)

SlowPoke Tue, Jun-10-03 12:25

I am just STARVING!!!!

I've been following Atkins for the past 10 weeks and have never had this problem, yet. So far I have always been satisfied with the foods that I bring during the day - but today........SHEESH!!! I could eat everything in sight!!!! Does this mean that I have knocked myself out of ketosis??
I have recently added more exercising....ie: running regularly and added biking each morning and that may have something to do with it - but what's the point of exercising if you only have to eat more to keep yourself from starving????
Can anyone shed some light on this for me???

LadyBelle Tue, Jun-10-03 12:34

I have days like that. What really helps me is a little more fiber and carbs. Broccoli and Cauliflower mix with melted cheese on top can really curb my appitite. Pork skins can sometimes help, but I have to be careful not to eat a ton of them. I think somedays we may just need more cals in a day, or some other nutrient is low.

It also sounds like you added quite a bit of activity, not just a little. You will need more to eat to not put your body in starvation mode. The whole lack of food while being chased by a sabertooth tiger thing.

erbadger Tue, Jun-10-03 12:43

I used to get these insane munchy days, but I tend to have more of a binge problem, so I just stopped keeping the foods I craved in the house. Instead, I would make an extra chicken breast and have it on a salad, bring extra water or find some other bulky fibery food. I personally despise pork rinds, so I find that I can have just a few and be better, as their gross-ness usually counteracts my desire to binge on them. Seeing as I have been feeling really yucky and not prone to eating enough as of the last week or so, this for the first time ever isn't a problem, but normally is.

Annie-Pie Tue, Jun-10-03 12:43

You don't sound like a slowpoke to me!! Great job on your work-outs. LadyBelle is right--don't overwork your starvation mechanism. How about posting today's food intake and we can take a look at it? Also fitday is awesome. It can figure in your activity level. It could be you're burning more than you're taking in.

Annie-Pie
:wave:

niki7 Tue, Jun-10-03 16:16

Is it that time of the month?

gretchend Tue, Jun-10-03 16:23

i have heard too that when it is whoosh time people get even more hungry.

youramigo Tue, Jun-10-03 16:33

for me it seems like ia m always hungry no matter what. i don't know if it is a mental or a physical thing for me. if i have time to think, i have time to eat.

motis Tue, Jun-10-03 16:35

As Gretchend said, I'll bet that you're in for a whoosh. :)
At least, that has been my experience when I get the extream munchies and rumbling belly all day long. Try not to give in to the munchies, but if you're truely hungry, then eat. :)

~Angi~